Maximum printing quality for sophisticated solutions
Products printed using the IML process
In the so-called In-Mould-Labelling method, in brief IML process, pre-printed labels are inserted directly into the injection moulding tool. As the hot plastic material is injected into the tool, the label fuses directly with this material thus forming and inseparable bond.
The IML process offers possibilities which cannot be realised by Letterset printing , e.g. CMYK-printing, special finishings (metallic effects).
Advantages of the IML process
- Inexpensive CMYK (4-colour) printing instead of only spot colours possible
- Photorealistic motif representation due to high printing screen width
- Peel-off labels
- Metallic effects
- Glossy, matt and rough surfaces
- Products may be labelled partly or completely
- IML indicates high quality at the point of sale and is particularly suited to optically demanding products